Monday, September 10, 2007

1st New York Blog

Well, well, well.

Here I am again. New York City. Mmmm.

I'll tell ya, it feels different this time; and that's a good thing. Last time I moved here I was nineteen years old, and I didn't really know anyone here, or know anything about the business, or really, know my asshole from my elbow (chalk that one up to "lessons you learn the hard way"). Things are different now.

I've been here a week, so I figure it's about time for my first NY blog.

I'm writing you now from my very dear friend's kitchen floor, which is where I've been sleeping for a large portion of this last week. Nice.

The business side of things is going pretty well, I think; we shall see. I need a home, though. I'm pretty domestic; I need a domicile to be domestic in. You know? This too will come.

In my first three days here, I saw three three-legged dogs, which is one dog for each limb that each of the dogs possessed. Just an observation.

I've been writing on the subways again. Something about this city (or maybe the trains) just makes my pen go. It's been a while, and it's very welcome back.

What else? I don't know. I feel like I'm in the midst of a chaotic whirlwind, and it hasn't stopped swirling yet. Part of that, I think, is not having a home base (a shelter? if we keep going with the whirlwind metaphor). Part is just being back in this place where I have so many memories (good and bad), and part of it is the nature of the city.

I feel like I've just embarked on yet another wild adventure, and, I suppose, I have.

Future blogs, I'm sure, will be more interesting than this one. Think of this one as the "establishing shot" at the beginning of a film. Now you know where you are. What happens next? Your guess is as good as mine.

See you in the next scene.


-BR 6.14.06

No comments: