Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Blog of No Great Significance

Scattered This and That's (from my trip to California, and other)

Caves can be nothing but holes in rocks, but when you fill them with brothers and best friends they can be things of wonder and majesty.

Perception is a tricky mother.

Regardless of faith, weddings are almost always freaky tribal gatherings... at least if you choose to perceive them as such... which I do.

Holy Christ, is it almost July already? Where did the first half of this year go?

Swimming naked in the Bay, in mixed-company, in a high-traffic part of Marin County, on a very bright day, without being seen, is not only possible, it is awesome.

I can make thirty boxes of Jello in an afternoon. No sweat.

Some people get harder and harder to leave as time goes by.

A good burrito literally brings tears to my eyes.

I'm fine with a sigh just being a sigh, but when a kiss is just a kiss...

I worry about my loved ones who worry too much. I recognize the irony.

I am still having trouble accepting that I need to do more than I used to in order to attain a body that isn't as good as it was. More work for less? Fuck aging.

I'm a pretty damn decent pool player when I'm on my game. I'm fairly mediocre when I'm not.

I love wearing new shirts, if only for the belly-button lint.

I've (finally) started practicing meditation and mindfulness. I think I like it. I think I like it a lot.

I've been writing a lot, lately, and in mediums I'd never really considered. Doing a lot of Seat-of-the-Pants Piloting, and I'm enjoying it. In a sink or swim scenario, the survival instinct is remarkable, so I'm just going to keep throwing myself in the deep-end.

I'm not sure that I would go as far as to say that "I'm in love with falling in love" right now, but I definitely seem to have a crush on crushing.

I need to spend more time in the water. More time on soil and rock. Cement is over-rated.

Did you know that the only difference between "Athelete's Foot" and "Jock Itch" is geography? This is why I don't sit cross-legged while naked.

I would sleep a lot more if I had fewer amazing people in my life. I consider myself a very lucky, sleepy man.

-BR 6.26.07 4.15pm

P.S. Surprise yourself today. Don't over-think it, just do it. I'm willing to bet that it feels good. Always remember, that you can do that any time you want. Any time.

No comments: