Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Few New Lessons

The last six or so months of my life have been hectic to say the least, but despite the chaos (or perhaps, in part, because of it), I have been learning like crazy. Some highlights include:

Hard work and perseverance probably pay off. Probably.

I've spent days at a time wearing nothing but a bathrobe, yet working extremely hard the entire time. Is this what it's like to be a hooker? Once again, the line between artist and whore gets hazy.

Even when you're surrounded by assholes, you must never let yourself become one. (especially when you're surrounded by them, actually)

It may be possible to wish something into existence. Maybe. Results inconclusive, but I'm carrying out a new study. I'll report the results when I know them.

Meditation does me a world of good when I'm over-worked and under-slept.

I virtually never make time for meditation when I'm over-worked and under-slept.

A good session of surfing is better than ten sessions of therapy.

There are some genuinely nice people out there. (note to self: continue to seek them out)

I'm less afraid of death than I am of cancer.

RUBBERBAND!

My show premieres on Monday, 4.14.08. I haven't worked this hard on something since grad school.

There will always be incompetent people who you will have to work with in one capacity or another. How are you going to handle them?

Bad habits can be broken. Change is not impossible.

I have to take better care of my body (especially my shoulders... and my prostate).

I'm more excited now about the possibilities of romance than I have been in a long, long time...

I can learn.

Goodnight,
BR 4.10.08 5.09am

No comments: